Who I Am:
Hi! I’m Chelsea and I’m a J.D., writer, researcher and award-winning video producer with 10 years of content experience. Really, I prefer to think of myself as a multimedia storyteller and creator of amazing content.
I have an endless well of ideas and a passion for telling compelling stories. I’ve created content for some of the world’s most recognizable brands and media companies, including Vox, Comcast, AOL, State Farm Insurance, Bank of America, PBS, Delta Air Lines, H&R Block and many more.
Working with these companies has catapulted my storytelling skills, earned me two Telly Awards, and given me amazing insight into what, exactly, makes content resonate with audiences. I’ve learned that the best content has a human element — that’s where I come in.
My work has been viewed by millions and shared by thousands. Best of all? I’ve helped my clients grow their audiences.
I’ve Created For:
Areas of Expertise:
Legal and policy (Especially Labor/Workplace)
Feminism & Women’s Content
Personal Finance, Savings & Insurance
History & Pop Culture
What I do:
- Video: research, development, script-writing, copywriting, segment producing, casting, archival.
- Writing: blogs, articles, profiles, thinkpieces, case studies, how-to guides, explainers, op-eds, marketing emails, copywriting, web copy, newsletters
- Podcast: research, development, copywriting, script-writing, segment producing, casting, archival
- Books: research, development, ghostwriting
Unique skills I bring to the table:
Prior to my work in media, I assisted nonprofits with policy research, and communicating that research to the public. Being a J.D. (Cardozo 2011) with a degree in Marketing (Fordham Gabelli School of Business, 2007), I have a unique set of qualifications:
- Rock-solid research and writing skills
- Loads of marketable ideas
- A deep understanding of storytelling, packaging ideas, and tailoring content to fit any audience
- Insight into why content resonates with audiences
- An aptitude for analyzing and breaking down complex information and presenting it so it’s easier to digest
- Experience with different types of content, including editorial, branded, legal, policy and educational.
- Attention to detail as well as broad, overriding themes.
I pride myself on being adaptable to each client’s unique voice and audience. I love to learn everything I can about an industry and the types of content that readers are engaging with. I get a kick out of problem-solving, and figuring out the best way to tell a story and reach an audience.
Need a compelling headline? I’ve got you covered. How about a useful how-to guide/explainer to establish trust with your audience? I’m your writer! Hoping to find the perfect personal story to grab readers by their heartstrings? Been there, done that, and always have my box of tissues at arm’s reach. You know, just in case.
The Bottom Line:
I truly enjoy making great content. I love generating new ideas and seeing their production through with a reliable, deadline-driven approach. I will go above and beyond to ensure that your content is of high quality, and represents your brand or organization’s unique voice and ethos.
I can create incredible content for you, too. Please contact me here.